Old 16th September 2009, 18:51

Default rdiff-backup Messages

I recently switched backup methods from using an incremental tar file backup strategy to using rdiff-backups.

In my daily logs for each server, I see messages similar to the ones below:

Code:
UpdateError bin/uncompress Updated mirror temp file
/mnt/backup/server.example.com.rdiff-backup.mirror/bin/rdiff-backup.tmp.69
does not match source
[...]
SpecialFileError var/spool/postfix/private/error Socket error: AF_UNIX path too long
Not having used rdiff-backups before, are these actually errors messages that require a resolution? Or are these normal verbose messages just letting me know how the backup is progressing?

At least for the first message, one interpretation may be that the source file is newer and therefore the file was included in the rdiff-backup set. My initial reaction to the second message is that the file listed was likely not backed up successfully.
Sponsored Links