Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 12th September 2009, 23:25

Smile Change how Ispconfig generates SSL Certificate

Well, I just bought a SSL Cert from godaddy and cant install it becase the ssl generation of the cert is 1024 instead of 2048. How can I change in the configuration of ISPconfig so any website or client that would like to create a ssl cert it will generate the key to 2048.
Sponsored Links
Old 13th September 2009, 14:25
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,608 Times in 4,419 Posts

This can not be configured at least in the current versions. You might have to change the apache plugin in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/ for that.
Old 13th September 2009, 16:48

Default the ssl plugin

Even if I genereate it 2048 manually and copy the csr result on goddady, re-key it. upload the crt and the bundle and add the apache directives as to read all the crt and the bundle to the path of the file. I restart apache and when I test it, it is not using the cert that I pointed to, when I view the cert info is all localhost.localdomain stuff. My question, Is it still reading other certificate like the main ispconfig one? why would it do this even if I am directing the vhost file to the path of the certs? and How can I fix this?
Old 14th September 2009, 13:42
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,608 Times in 4,419 Posts

Make sure that you selected a IP address for the SSL site and not * and that this IP address matches the IP address of DNS record of the domain name of the site.