Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 24th April 2006, 20:12

Exclamation Upgrade from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1 - all profiles are missing

I recently downloaded ISPConfig 2.2.1.

I ran the upgrade as specified by extracting the tar.gz file and running ./setup. The upgrade took awhile but everything seemed to be fine. I enter my SSL information for certificate creation. When the setup completed successfully I logged into the ISPConfig admin interface. Login went fine and I verified the software version and it was show correctly.

I went to look at my sites I had built and found that there was nothing listed in the ISP Manager interface. This is very troubling as my sites still physically exist on the server but I have no way to administer them. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this in an upgrade and how to fix it. It almost seems to me that the ispconfig db has information in it but it is just not being displayed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TeleRiddler
Sponsored Links
Old 24th April 2006, 20:56
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,748 Times in 2,579 Posts

Did you make manual changes to the ISPConfig database before or after the update?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 24th April 2006, 21:08

Default Nothing changed

I did not make any changes to the ISPConfig database. Is there a way to downgrade. I have copies of the backups that the installer made in /tmp. I think I might have located a problem. My root / drive is only 5 GB big. The backups of ISPConfig filled it to almost 99% capacity. In the future it might be nice to prompt the installer for a location where he/she would like the backups to be created.

TeleRiddler.
Old 24th April 2006, 21:35

Default Problem solved

OK,

So in desperation I decided to downgrade to 2.2.0. This went horribly wrong, I got most of the way through the install and then there was an error about a php-binary. So I followed some advice I found in other posts.

I moved the ISPConfig-2.2.1.tar.gz file into /root. I then ran the install in exper mode as the user root.

Now everything works fine. There must be an issue with running the installer as root but not running it from the /root directory. Hope this helps anyone else having this issue.

TeleRiddler