Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 22nd April 2006, 22:11

Default Perfect Installation Fedora Core 4

Hello!

I run two sites, one farily large and the other just starting out. I'm thinking of dropping paid hosting for the smaller site and running it off a system I have which will be a dedicated box. I've downloaded Fedore core 5, and and following the Perfect Installation Fedora Core 4 guide, however I'm stuck on the instalation in the Network Devices setup. I'm manualy configuring it, but dont know where to get the Primary and Seconday DNS addresses from. I'm assuming I dont just make them up, but dont know where to find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

On a side note, this will be running on a high speed DSL connection. The box is a P4 2.4 Ghz w/HT, 1 GB DDR and a 1000 RPM Raptor Drive. As the site is small, will this do? Obviously as it grows it will need to be placed on a bigger server with a faster connection. the site receives around 800 uniques per month.

Regards,

Sapper6fd
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd April 2006, 18:38
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,744 Times in 2,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper6fd
Hello!

I run two sites, one farily large and the other just starting out. I'm thinking of dropping paid hosting for the smaller site and running it off a system I have which will be a dedicated box. I've downloaded Fedore core 5, and and following the Perfect Installation Fedora Core 4 guide, however I'm stuck on the instalation in the Network Devices setup. I'm manualy configuring it, but dont know where to get the Primary and Seconday DNS addresses from. I'm assuming I dont just make them up, but dont know where to find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
You can use the DNS servers that are mentioned in the tutorial. BTW, as you're using FC5, you should use this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_fedora_core_5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper6fd
On a side note, this will be running on a high speed DSL connection. The box is a P4 2.4 Ghz w/HT, 1 GB DDR and a 1000 RPM Raptor Drive. As the site is small, will this do? Obviously as it grows it will need to be placed on a bigger server with a faster connection. the site receives around 800 uniques per month.
800 unique visitors is nothing, so this should do, but if the site grows larger, you should consider moving the server to a data center. The bandwidth of your DSL connection will be the bottleneck.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: