Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th July 2010, 08:09

Default Confusion: Shell Users / Disappearing Logs

Greetings,

Anyone that can help give me direction, would be appreciated. First, information on my setup.

Running VirtualBox Headless mode with a service. VirtualBox contains a virtual machine with Ubuntu Server 10.04, installed with ISPConfig 3.

Installation was easy enough. My only grip, other than the issues I'm experiencing is the lack of automation. I digress, not the topic of discussion here, although if you have any topics that can help me automate or better explain automation in ISPConfig 3, more than happy to read.

Issue: When I first set up the website, I was able to view the /log/error.log to help me diagnose issues with suPHP (which I figured out the missing "'s in suphp.conf). Now the website works, but suddenly that error.log is gone from my FTP client (WinSCP). The directories, other than web, are empty. My root user see's the files in the SSH shell, but the client does not.

Issue two: Shell users don't see anything in their folders, no access to website or whatever. How do I check what needs to be set for this to happen?

Last edited by demortes; 17th July 2010 at 08:10. Reason: Adding second, related issue.
Sponsored Links
Old 18th July 2010, 20:00
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by demortes View Post
Issue: When I first set up the website, I was able to view the /log/error.log to help me diagnose issues with suPHP (which I figured out the missing "'s in suphp.conf). Now the website works, but suddenly that error.log is gone from my FTP client (WinSCP). The directories, other than web, are empty. My root user see's the files in the SSH shell, but the client does not.
Can you try a normal FTP client like FileZilla?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 18th July 2010, 21:26

Oddly enough, at the time of this writing, the situation has been resolved. Not sure how... I just rebooted server and host computer, so maybe that's it. I'll post back later if issue happens again.