Old 8th August 2009, 22:18

Default Subdomains

Hi,

We are most likely going to use ISPConfig3 on our servers, I have a question that I hope someone will help with though

Subdomains:

We have existing webhotels that are like:
/cms
/log
/public_html
/include

I can easilly make web be public_html instead, but I also want a virtual host createde that uses /cms as document root instead of /web.

As far as I can see the way subdomains are made in ISPConfig3 a subdomain is required to be inside the webscope for the main site? Which I want to avoid, for a few obvious reasons, mostly that having them in each webscope is more secure.

Did I miss something, and is this possible already?

I might as well write what would be perfect for me:
If I can somehow have multiple vhost templates. So I can pick one when I create a new website for example a "Std website", "CMS-Website", and so on. Where each VHost is different. - Or something like that

Thanks

I hope someone have the answer for me, Thanks
- Lasse
Sponsored Links
Old 10th August 2009, 12:32
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,209 Times in 4,085 Posts

Quote:
I can easilly make web be public_html instead
Very bad idea. Your installation will break on the next update. You should modify your website instead.

Quote:
As far as I can see the way subdomains are made in ISPConfig3 a subdomain is required to be inside the webscope for the main site? Which I want to avoid, for a few obvious reasons, mostly that having them in each webscope is more secure.
Thats depends on how you create the subdomain. If you need a subdoamin with a separate folder, just create a new domain and enetr sub.comian.com in the domain field.