Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 9th July 2008, 16:15

Default Using MySQL non-root account

You may not want to use the MySQL root account in ispconfig for security reasons. I didn't know that I have to use the root account and did it the same way as I always do with PHPMyAdmin. Worked fine until I started creating databases. I had to add a few more permissions to the ispconfig account. Here is a list of grants you need to apply, so that you can stop using the MySQL root account for ispconfig.

Code:
GRANT ALL ON ispconfig.* TO 'ispconfig'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED by 'yourpasswordhere';
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON mysql.db TO 'ispconfig'@'localhost';
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON mysql.user TO 'ispconfig'@'localhost';
GRANT RELOAD on *.* TO 'ispconfig'@'localhost';
GRANT CREATE, DROP ON `web%`.* TO 'ispconfig'@'localhost';
The last line depends on keeping the user naming scheme of "web....". If you use a different webid prefix adapt that line.

Last edited by bolero; 31st July 2008 at 14:08. Reason: added RELOAD (if not present, edited db passwords will take effect only after a mysqld restart)
The Following User Says Thank You to bolero For This Useful Post:
falko (10th July 2008)
Sponsored Links