Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 30th July 2009, 08:20

Default why are additional FTP users unable to see files?

I have set up a guest account on my FTP server, which allows users to upload files to the 'incoming' directory. They are able to do so with no problem, but nothing in that directory is visible to the guest account - not even the files that they just uploaded!

If I log in as the administrator and navigate to that directory, I can see the files just fine.

How do I make it where the guest account can see their own files?
________
XL200
________
Sativa strains

Last edited by rebeltaz; 19th March 2011 at 20:37.
Sponsored Links
Old 30th July 2009, 09:15
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,978 Times in 3,899 Posts

Quote:
I have set up a guest account on my FTP server, which allows users to upload files to the 'incoming' directory. They are able to do so with no problem, but nothing in that directory is visible to the guest account - not even the files that they just uploaded!
This is the normal behaviour for an anonymous FTP account and it is recommended that you dont change it. At least if your server is connected to the internet.

If you want to change it anyway, take a look at the configuration file of your ftp daemon, there must be some settings for the anonymous accounts.
Old 30th July 2009, 17:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
This is the normal behaviour for an anonymous FTP account and it is recommended that you dont change it. At least if your server is connected to the internet.

If you want to change it anyway, take a look at the configuration file of your ftp daemon, there must be some settings for the anonymous accounts.
Well, it's not exactly an anonymous account. I added 'guest' as a user. Come to think of it, though, I do have allow anonymous FTP checked. Maybe if I uncheck that? But that shouldn't have any effect on actual users, should it?
________
R1100S

Last edited by rebeltaz; 27th January 2011 at 12:02.