Old 27th July 2009, 20:22

Default Mail HowTo

Hi

I am rather in a jam and need to figure out some issues very fast. The following are my issues

1. How do i configure email accounts? Initially we had a mail server using postfix and it was picking mail and sending mail through our isp mail server. Since we did a new installation mail doesnt come through. The isp says all mail have to be delivered to the server and there is nothing like a loggin account to do that. That it is not pop and mail should come through using smtp. I am stuck and need a solution fast. I used ispconfig 3 and till installation guide.

2. How can i configure different webmails to be used. I want to configure and have different customised interfaces for squirrelmail for the different sites hosted. So how can i do it?

I am running on suse 11.1 and ispconfig3. Used Till guide for installation. Tx
Sponsored Links
Old 28th July 2009, 09:22
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

1) Just set the relayhost in postfix main.cf

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relayhost

2) You can install as many different webmail applications as you like. Just create websites for them and install them into these websites.
Old 29th July 2009, 17:31

Default HowTo

So how do i install the webmail clients for each and configure them to pick mail?

I cannot telnet my server on port 25 and have failed to shutdown the suse default firewall. My server has two network cards and when i try to shutdown the firewall my internet which goes through the same box doesnt work. When i telnet the server from its self or from anywhere in the network i receive: Connection closed or rejected by foreign host. I need my mails working pls help

Last edited by wabz; 29th July 2009 at 19:18.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:49

Default Help

I keep on receiving error messages when i try using outlook to access mail on my email server. The system is running postfix and its on suse 11.1. Any help?
Old 1st August 2009, 10:44
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

Take a look at the mail log to find the problem.