Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th July 2009, 10:16
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,213 Times in 4,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by centosarus View Post
I do have a 2 server setup using one ISPConfig3 interface. Isn't replication done by ISPConfig in a setup like that?
No, ispconfig is not replicating. ISPConfig is made to configure indivifual servers. Mirroring will be implemented in one of the next releases.

By the way, if you would have asked just how to replicate records between two mydns servers instead of asking why zone transfers ( which is a bind specific technique to connect mydns and bind) is not working, we would have been able to solve this thread faster
Sponsored Links
Old 17th July 2009, 16:11

Quote:
By the way, if you would have asked just how to replicate records between two mydns servers instead of asking why zone transfers ( which is a bind specific technique to connect mydns and bind) is not working, we would have been able to solve this thread faster
My mistake. I thought MyDNS did exactly what bind did except that it uses a database. So, I mistakenly thought since u could do zone transfers between 2 bind servers, one could do zone transfers between 2 MyDNS servers. I learned something new.

I apologize for not stating clearly what I was looking for.

Thanks as always.