Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th December 2009, 21:56

Default mayday mayday need help installing vmware on ununtu server 9.04

hi i just purchased a new server with ubuntu server 9.04 installed. I just have the command line atm through putty and if possible I am looking to keep it that way, as I dnt want to install any gui's on it yet.
I want to install vmware and create a few vps servers were I will have a few desktops installed, and I have gone thru this forum as well as google search etc and can't find anything related to installing vmware throught putty/terminal. The tutorials I have found all relate to a installing thru a desktop gui of some sort and was wondering if there was a command I could use to install vmware thru putty without having to upload the tar file to the server, Im hoping there is something like wget were I can install vmware and then just contol it thru my browser..
Does anyone know if its possible, and if so would u be so kind and show me how..

thanks heaps
husskii

all sorted "wget https://www.vmware.com/freedownload/p/download.php"

Last edited by husskii; 6th December 2009 at 01:43.
Sponsored Links