Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22nd August 2005, 22:40
Pasco Pasco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 94
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Fedora Core 4: charset problem (UTF-8?)

Hi 2gether,

I have a charset problem with my Fedora Core 4 ISPConfig installation.

Is it possible to choose which charset the ISPConfig Server uses? Or is that a non-ISPConfig subject? If yes, I'm sorry to ask here.

I've already tried a lot of different settings with my php code ($setlocale) but with no sucess...I've got problems with all the , , , etc. (special swiss/german characters). I tried settings for the UTF-8 Charset.

Thanks so much for your help,
P@sco
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 23rd August 2005, 10:05
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,032
Thanks: 826
Thanked 5,382 Times in 4,229 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco
Hi 2gether,

I have a charset problem with my Fedora Core 4 ISPConfig installation.

Is it possible to choose which charset the ISPConfig Server uses? Or is that a non-ISPConfig subject? If yes, I'm sorry to ask here.

I've already tried a lot of different settings with my php code ($setlocale) but with no sucess...I've got problems with all the , , , etc. (special swiss/german characters). I tried settings for the UTF-8 Charset.

Thanks so much for your help,
P@sco
Do you have problems with swiss umlauts in the controlpanel too?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26th August 2005, 12:02
Pasco Pasco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 94
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes I have. For example "Grsse" etc. in the statistics is hardly readable .

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thx, p@sco
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26th August 2005, 12:20
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,032
Thanks: 826
Thanked 5,382 Times in 4,229 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco
Yes I have. For example "Grsse" etc. in the statistics is hardly readable .

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thx, p@sco
There is no solution yet, it is a problem only in Fedora. The only possible soution i see is to extend the scripts so that they replace the UTF-8 chars by the correct chars in the output of the commandline utilitys displayed in the web interface.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26th August 2005, 13:50
Pasco Pasco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 94
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How do I do that? Can you give me a hint?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26th August 2005, 14:14
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,032
Thanks: 826
Thanked 5,382 Times in 4,229 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco
How do I do that? Can you give me a hint?
The files are:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/plugins/check_*.plugin.php
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FTP very slow in LAN, "fast" from WAN-> Firewall problem? Pasco Server Operation 6 7th March 2006 15:17
Fedora Core 4 - The Perfect Setup nandhu HOWTO-Related Questions 27 10th January 2006 12:23
Installation problem: PHP problem? hgoor Installation/Configuration 7 21st August 2005 22:15
Quota: Perfect Setup Fedora Core 4 domino Installation/Configuration 7 20th August 2005 17:42
Installation Problem _InFeCtOr Installation/Configuration 5 8th August 2005 15:34


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.