Old 5th April 2006, 18:48

Default Mysql help

I have a web server setup with a database. The server was configured by a company who is unable to help me. They did not set a password on Mysql so I did. I have been down many trails to make the database work with a password and every time I get some part working I find another is broken. What I would like to do at this time is remove the password from mysql until I have more knowledge. Here is the statement I used to put the password on. mysqladmin -u root password yourrootsqlpassword . Yes I did replace yourrootsqlpassword with a real password. I hope some one can help, Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 5th April 2006, 21:40
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,739 Times in 2,574 Posts

You can run
Code:
mysqladmin -u root password ''
or use MySQL's GRANT command ( http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/grant.html ) or change the password directly in the mysql database (table users) with phpMyAdmin.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 11th April 2006, 00:37

Default Thanks

I was finally able to get the password changed in all the locations I needed to and now know how to set or change the password for Mysql and phpMyAdmin. I will keep this information should I lock myself out again.

Thank You,
April