Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 22nd May 2009, 17:01

Default How To Modify Default Spamassassin Scores

Hi All,

I am attempting to update some of the bayes scores in Spamassassin. The only obvious place that I have found to do this is in the /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf file.

Within that file, I have modified several of the bayes_XX scores, most importantly the bayes_99 score. It had a default of 3.5 and I have made it 4.5.

However, I am still receiving spam email that triggers the bayes_99 test but still has an overall score of 3.6.

I understand that the email may have passed other tests that lowered its score, but there's nothing to indicate that in the headers so I am left wondering if my new bayes_99 score works or not.

Is there some way to test the scoring system (GTUBE doesn't suite my needs) or, is there some other file in which I need to change my scores?

Thanks

Jon
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:38

Some more testing by changing the GTUBE score in the 50_scores.cf file shows that the changes are not being applied.

Changing the GTUBE score to 500 does nothing. GTUBE emails are still assigned a score of 1000 for failing the GTUBE test.

So, I guess the questiona are: what is the purpose of the 50_scores.cf file if it doesn't do anything and how to I get new scores to take affect?

I know this is more of a Spamassassin question than ISPConfig, but thought I would ask here first since the SA crowd generally like to answer with "it depends on your configuration" and I figure the ISPConfig configuration is better understood here.

Thanks

Jon
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:29

Got it.

Changes to scores have to be made in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

I had read this, but understood that this was the right place to make changes so that they would survive and update. I thought that a changed to the 50_scores.cf file would suffice for testing, but it seems that no changes made to the 50_scores.cf file ever take effect.

Have to wonder what it's purpose is...

Thanks, me.