Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 9th April 2006, 19:31

Default login worked one time?

Hello all

i downloaded and installed ispconfig today. it blew up for lack of mysql-devel (suse 10.0) i got that cleared up and re ran the setup all went well... i logged on and took a look not in much detail as i didnt have time i make a site a user.... and then quit.
my next project was to install and look over mambo i did kind of its here my problem starts!!! php would no longer work. i turned globals on in php.ini and restarted apache still no go. i had to goto apache/conf.d and addtype application/x-..... that was commented out by the ispconfig install. great so now my phpadmin and mambo install will work but i get a white screen when i attempt to log into ispconfig. i turned globals back to OFF in php.ini... same results... what did i break n where do i go to fix it??

tia
Sponsored Links
Old 9th April 2006, 23:05
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,230 Times in 4,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyteck
my next project was to install and look over mambo i did kind of its here my problem starts!!! php would no longer work. i turned globals on in php.ini and restarted apache still no go. i had to goto apache/conf.d and addtype application/x-..... that was commented out by the ispconfig install.
Thats correct. PHP must be commented out! Undo the changes you made manually in the apache config when you want to use ISPConfig.

Then check if ISPConfig works again and create a new website in ISPConfig. Then copy your mambo installation to the website directory created by ISPConfig.
Old 10th April 2006, 00:54

Default orig config

k i switched back and no luck its a white screen cannot login
Old 10th April 2006, 07:45
Super Moderator

Please double check this:

1) Did you login with port 81 and hht or https as you selected in the installer.
2) Please try to use firefox for login, it has better error messaged the IE.
3) Try to restart ISPConfig: /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart
4) If you are in a NAT enviroment, have you forwarded port 81 from your server to your router?
5) Did you activate any kind of firewall beside the ISPConfig firewall?
Old 10th April 2006, 07:55

Default oh oh.. :)

k seems that restarting it worked.... i rebooted th eserver twice and that didnt do it so its not being started at boot? hmmm odd.... but that now will bring me to part 2.. how do i now us emy other php files? do i have to configure myself/serverroot as a client and allow me to have php access?

thanks a million btw i would have given up long before trying something as simple as a restart
Old 10th April 2006, 08:00
Super Moderator

Quote:
k seems that restarting it worked.... i rebooted th eserver twice and that didnt do it so its not being started at boot?
Normally it is started at boot time. Does the restart proess asked for a password?

Quote:
hmmm odd.... but that now will bring me to part 2.. how do i now us emy other php files? do i have to configure myself/serverroot as a client and allow me to have php access?
Yes. Create a new client like "my websites" and then create a new website with your domain where you enable php by checking the php checkbox in the website settings.

ISPConfig creates a new website directory like /home/www/www.yourdomain.com/web/ or /var/www/www.yourdomain.com/web/ where you can put your php and html files.
Old 10th April 2006, 08:07

Default existing website

can i move my existing website to it after or is it a large task? also im assuming that would fix my current php problems with say phpmyadmin and mambo?
Old 10th April 2006, 08:13
Super Moderator

Quote:
can i move my existing website to it after or is it a large task? also im assuming that would fix my current php problems with say phpmyadmin and mambo?
Yes. Just copy the files and adjust some path's and chown the files to the website owner.
Old 10th April 2006, 08:26

there are no resellers clients or sites. but when i try to make a client as you suggested i get to config th ephp as you said when in finished there and goto the next tab, email i believe it tells me that th esite is owned by someone else and stops....
Old 10th April 2006, 08:41

when i click on the sites or clients icond there are non listed but a search brings up some i have tested and deleted? but they are not really deleted?