#1  
Old 1st May 2009, 19:43
jcole jcole is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Problem with postfix

I installed the perfect spamsnake and aside from an increase of spam just recently, it has worked great.

Last night however, it started rejecting mail to one of the domains in my relay_domains list. Nothing in the postfix config has changed. The domain still exists in relay_recipients/relay_domains. Nothing has changed yet it is rejecting e-mails for this one domain, the other 7 are fine. The server returns error "recipient address rejected: domain not found" when I try to send the e-mail from a telnet session.

Any ideas?

I have tried deleting the domain out of relay_domains/relay_recipients/transport and running postmap and then re-adding them but that did not help me.

Last edited by jcole; 1st May 2009 at 19:48.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 1st May 2009, 20:00
Rocky Rocky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 553
Thanks: 14
Thanked 49 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Hi,

Are you doing a:

postfix reload

after recreating the file and running postmap?

Thanks,

Rocky
__________________
Home of the SpamSnake
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1st May 2009, 20:01
jcole jcole is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes sir. I did do that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1st May 2009, 20:06
Rocky Rocky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 553
Thanks: 14
Thanked 49 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Hmm,

Really weird problem. You are doing the corect steps, removing the entries, running postmap, restarting postfix.

It'll reject them as necessary. After that, readd them to the files, postmap and restart postfix. See it that works for you.

Rocky
__________________
Home of the SpamSnake
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 1st May 2009, 20:36
jcole jcole is offline
HowtoForge Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I tried that and it is still rejecting e-mails to that domain. Is there anything else I can try?

I am only deleting the line item for the one domain I am having trouble with. Should I delete relay_domains and relay_recipients and re-create those files?

Last edited by jcole; 1st May 2009 at 22:07.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2nd May 2009, 02:26
CarbonCopy CarbonCopy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 52
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
 
Default

Are you using virtual domains and if so, is the requested domain in the table/file?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CarbonCopy For This Useful Post:
robertoshulze2257 (1st November 2014)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Postfix problem satimis Server Operation 1 29th September 2008 18:24
Postfix: connection refused error tosin Server Operation 1 30th October 2007 18:30
PostFix problem! SevenSniff General 2 14th October 2006 15:44
Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAs k1piee HOWTO-Related Questions 14 1st October 2006 14:46
postfix - myhostname, mydoman problem adam Server Operation 14 26th September 2006 08:57


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.