Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 22nd April 2009, 16:22
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,255 Times in 4,121 Posts

You wont find this message in a manuals anyway as it is from clamav and not ispconfig:

http://www.clamav.net/

as you see this message contains also a link which explains it more in detail:

http://www.clamav.net/support/faq

This message reminds you just that there might be updates available for your linux distribution. You can install them with the package manager of your linux distribution (which is not part of ispconfig nor related to ispconfig directly). For instructions on how to keep a linux system up to date e.g. take a look in the manuals of your linux distribution. For ubuntu you execute just these two commands as root user on the shell:

apt-get update
apt-get -u upgrade

And dont worry if the clamav error does not go away then as ubuntu 8.10 does not contain a newer clamav version, the antivirus signatures are still up to date an your system is still secure.
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:00

but that is my point... I don't know what I can update or can't... and where it should be done. How would I know that I would have to do these updates manually, or that there is a note somewhere as to a reason why this is so...

it would be great to have a little guide as to what to do once it is installed and how to set up a mail account or and FTP account (I surmised that they are related somehow)... kind of a what to do now that the server is up and running. To the Ubuntu novice it is not self-explanatory, at least not to me... There is a what now guide for version 2...

Cheers for your help so far...

Petermac
Old 30th April 2009, 00:42

A guide would be nice for customers perspective, aka the end-user, but for admins, as Till mentions, it is pretty self explanatory.

It just takes a little getting used to. All you have to do is mess around with it for a while and you will get it. Isn't that how we all learn anyway??