I have successfully set up an ISPConfig3 server on Centos 5.3 per the perfect server tutorials, where everything is working fine. I have even installed a second server that will be managed through the first ISPConfig 3 GUI. Now to the questions:
- Can I use both servers as nameservers (ie ns1.mydomain.com, ns2.mydomain.com)?
- If yes, do I simply give the nameservers (names and IPs) to the registrar (godaddy?) of mydomain.com?
- If not, why not?
- What needs to be in place (configuration wise, etc) in order for this to work? I do have a working DNS.
- Is it even recommended to host both servers?
- Can anyone share with the rest of the community what they have done that has worked for them?
Thanks, as always for any input.