Old 16th April 2009, 12:09

Default Debian Out Of Range Error

I have recently installed Debian 5.0 (lenny) and after the reboot and first boot up of my system I found a problem.

Finishing the installation it reboots (normal), starts with the debian boot-up process (normal) ... in the sense of initializing ll the devices, kernels, xserver... and and and...

then the screen shows me a message "Out of range"... giving details on minimum and maximum hertz that the screen can handle and minimum and max resolution that the screen can handle...

If a driver or software could have done this I can understand, but a new installation... My mind is choked... is there anyone that has had this problem before or have an idea what the problem is?
Sponsored Links
Old 17th April 2009, 17:16
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,744 Times in 2,577 Posts

Did you install a desktop on the system, or is it a pure server system? If it's a desktop, you might have to tweak /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 19th April 2009, 01:48

Default RE:Debian Out Of Range Error

Yes I did...

What I'm trying to do is set up a stand alone home use system and well I'm a noob when it comes to linux and REALLY want to learn how to use linux properly. I want to get this one working so I can then when my second system gets bought, I can use it to set up a server.

The desktop and standard system is laoded... no other packages. What is the command to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and I'll see what I can do...

I earlier found something someone mentioned... sudo (I may have the "pdgk" wrong, I do have it written down somewhere) dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

It launches the xserver just fine but the only configuration keyboard and that doesn't actually help me...
Old 19th April 2009, 01:49

Default RE:Debian Out Of Range Error

The command I found ...

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Thanx for your help