I am struggling to understand something related to the DNS issue that I am trying to sort out:
- I created a SOA - domainname.ctld
- I registered it with local country-registrar
- I can ping domainname.ctld as well as www.domainname.ctld
- I created a site and can go to it using either of the above URLs
- I created a sub-domain - host.domainname.ctld around four hours ago
- I cannot ping it and if I create a site for it I cannot go there
- I can DIG records for the domainname.ctld including the host.
- I cannot ping the host - even from the server on which it resides!?
What's going on? I have never experienced this before - I have used ISPConfig 2 on another platform and it just works - I can create a host and within 5 minutes I can ping it and build a site using it. I just think that somewhere I haven't configured something right - I did use the wizrd to create the domainname.ctld SOA and edited the record to manually add the new host - A-record.
Anyone know what's happening here or seen it before? Please let me know, thank you.