Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 1st March 2009, 01:49

Default website's suddenly 404 error / no permission

Hi all,

I have some problemens with ISPconfig, I had this problem before with 3 others site. For some unknown reason a site is getting the error: You don't have permission to access / on this server.

The site worked yesterday and has runned for about 4 months with no problem.
Remember I had this error before with some other site's... same issue runned perfectly before and without any reason stopped to work. I fixed those errors by deleting and creating the site again in ISPconfig but I don't think this is the way. I don't want to recreate every month several site's.

I Looked into the apache error_log and this what came out of it: Directory index forbidden by rule: /home/.

If I try to update all permission within the 'web' map I get this error: Failed to update /home/web29 : chmod failed : No suck file or directory.

The directory is there and I can view the files with SSH!

Any ideas?

* SOLVED* Was dns problem, domain was somehow pointing to second IP on the same server

Last edited by ddouma; 1st March 2009 at 04:04. Reason: SOLVED
Sponsored Links