#1  
Old 23rd February 2009, 04:27
ilaidlaw ilaidlaw is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default ispconfig3 - website path

I'd prefer the web directories be stored under /home/clients rather then /var/clients. I realize I could just make a symlink, but I tried changing the configuration for "Website path" and "Website symlinks", however the resulting apache vhost file still contains /var/www as the base path for DocumentRoot. Switching it back, and using a symlink makes it all work again.

Secondly, a symlink is made into /var/www/[domain]. This symlink points to the directory containing [cgi-bin, log, ssl, tmp, web]. That is also the home directory for shell users. Seems like the symlink should point to the "web" directory instead?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 23rd February 2009, 10:22
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,771
Thanks: 821
Thanked 5,331 Times in 4,183 Posts
Default

You can configure the website path in the ispconfig server settings.

Quote:
however the resulting apache vhost file still contains /var/www as the base path for DocumentRoot. Switching it back, and using a symlink makes it all work again.
This is nescessary and cant be changed if you want to use php or cgi with suexec on your server.

Quote:
Secondly, a symlink is made into /var/www/[domain]. This symlink points to the directory containing [cgi-bin, log, ssl, tmp, web]. That is also the home directory for shell users. Seems like the symlink should point to the "web" directory instead?
No.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:38
ilaidlaw ilaidlaw is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
You can configure the website path in the ispconfig server settings.



This is nescessary and cant be changed if you want to use php or cgi with suexec on your server.



No.
Ok, it caught me by surprise that home directories were exposed to the web by default Great work on ispconfig, it's a pretty fantastic piece of software!

Cheers,
Ian
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Failover with VMWare Server - /var/vm isn't the right size.. Bart van Kleef HOWTO-Related Questions 24 30th August 2008 11:00
ISPconfig3, browsable default website Justin Albstmeijer Installation/Configuration 2 4th July 2008 22:54
cannot receive emails after made website online llamy General 20 27th December 2007 01:14
set up 301 redirect from old website to new website showe1966 Server Operation 1 22nd September 2007 12:30
website path for index.html munika Installation/Configuration 2 23rd November 2006 15:45


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.