Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 11th February 2009, 22:33

Default Heartbeat Ver.2 With 3 Nodes

I have been using Heartbet Ver. 1 and it works fine for me, but now I need to add a 3rd node which is only supported on Ver. 2. Below is the setup that I need to configure.
  • LB1 - Primary node
  • LB2 - Secondary node
  • LB3 - Backup node that will only takeover when LB1 and LB2 is down

Correct me if I am wrong but from what I have read, Ver.2 works totally differently from Ver.1. I have used the ha.cf converter to create the cib.xml and tested with just 2 nodes, ie. LB1 and LB2. The issue I had was that even though LB2 knows that LB1 is down/offline, LB2 will not takeover the shared IP.

I would really appreciate if some could guide me on how to make this work for me. Thanks. If you need further details/info, please let me know.
Sponsored Links