Old 2nd February 2009, 05:29

Default FTP/User Tweaks

I just installed ISPConfig on a OpenVZ container that I am moving my reseller accounts over to and am very impressed with the software. It was a breeze to install and had a great selection of CentOS docs.

There is a few run ins I found and looking for any possible tweaks or ways to do this.

1) When a account is created (userdomain.com), there is a login and password for ISPConfig with it associated however I am unable to login to the FTP with that username. Is there a way to enable that account has the FTP so there is no need to create a web uesr?

2) Along that same line, if I create a user for domain userdomain.com so they have the email address username@userdomain.com, I found I can get to their web site at userdomain.com/users/username. Is there any way to disable this?

Other than that, it has been some great software and I look forward to using it.
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd February 2009, 14:08
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
1) When a account is created (userdomain.com), there is a login and password for ISPConfig with it associated however I am unable to login to the FTP with that username. Is there a way to enable that account has the FTP so there is no need to create a web uesr?
You're mixing up ISPConfig users (resellers and clients) with system users (email & FTP). You must create email and FTP users on the "User & Email" tab of a web site in ISPConfig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
2) Along that same line, if I create a user for domain userdomain.com so they have the email address username@userdomain.com, I found I can get to their web site at userdomain.com/users/username. Is there any way to disable this?
This is not possible without modifying the sources.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko View Post
You're mixing up ISPConfig users (resellers and clients) with system users (email & FTP). You must create email and FTP users on the "User & Email" tab of a web site in ISPConfig.
Sorry. I am coming from a cPanel background so the reseller/client users was always the login to manage the site. I don't mind creating users but for some of my clients like how there is a billing type account login and they can create users for the FTP login but some clients I have do not want email or user web spaces for names they create to manage their sites so I am just trying to find a way around.

Other than this little road block this is a great piece of software!