I am new here so Hello to everyone in this community.
I have used the awesome Perfect Server - Gentoo 2007.0
tutorial for bringing up my local test server (for testing purposes
of web pages I do for the living).
And I did use newest Gentoo available (2008.0), the
Stage 3 install-cd of course.
I did _everything_ exactly the same way as this tutorial says.
(hmmm, except that I'm using wireless usb dongle,
but that is not the issue here).
And everything went very well until I got stuck on Page 4
paragraph 11 MySQL
where I got such errors
serwer ~ # emerge --config dev-db/mysql
* Creating the mysql database and setting proper
* permissions on it ...
* Insert a password for the mysql 'root' user
* Avoid ["'_%] characters in the password
* Retype the password
.090131 3:53:16 [Warning] option 'max_join_size': unsigned value 18446744073709551615 adjusted to 4294967295
090131 3:53:16 [Warning] option 'max_join_size': unsigned value 18446744073709551615 adjusted to 4294967295
....ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '//var/run/mysqld/mysqld12849.sock' (2)
* Loading "zoneinfo", this step may require a few seconds ...
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '//var/run/mysqld/mysqld12849.sock' (2)
/var/tmp/portage/dev-db/mysql-5.0.70-r1/temp/environment: line 3113: //var/run/mysqld/mysqld1243.pid: No such file or directory
kill: usage: kill [-s sigspec | -n signum | -sigspec] pid | jobspec ... or kill -l [sigspec]
* Stopping the server ...
Exiting on signal 2
I had to press ctrl+C here because * Stopping the server ...
was everlasting. Then I did:
serwer ~ # emerge --config mysql
* You have already a MySQL database in place.
* Please rename or delete it if you wish to replace it.
* ERROR: dev-db/mysql-5.0.70-r1 failed.
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 49: Called pkg_config
* environment, line 3390: Called mysql_pkg_config
* environment, line 3064: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "MySQL database already exists!";
* The die message:
* MySQL database already exists!
* If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
* A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-db/mysql-5.0.70-r1/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-db/mysql-5.0.70-r1/temp/environment'.
* This ebuild is from an overlay: '/var/db/pkg/'
Can Anyone of You could help me please with this ?
I really have no idea what to do.