Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 5th February 2009, 12:50
redray redray is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Lightbulb How should billing work in ISPC3

I need billing capabilities in ISPC3. My question is: "Is there a plan how billing should be implemented in ISPC3?"

My thoughts:

I think billing should be implemented as a seperate Module with seperate DB-Tables to keep the ISPC3-core free from billing data.

The recent DB-structure is not very good for billing. One Customer could buy multiple Hosting-Packages. This is not possible with the recent DB.
The hirarchy should be like: Customer -> Account or Contract -> Website

A DB-Table domain should be added where all buyed Domains are stored.
This would also be an important step for implementing domainrobots. To prevent Customers from using the DNS-System only as a Secondary-DNS Server, only domains from the table domain should be selectable in the DNS-System.

Now you can add an Order and a Billing-System to ISPC3. The Order and the Billing System should be seperated. The Output of the Billing System should be XML so you can Import the billing data into Lexware. Or you add an additional invoice module which generates invoices as pdf.

I would recommend to use the db-tables for the Order and billing-system from oscommerce v3.

Orders can be imported by adding entrys to sys_datalog.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 6th February 2009, 11:44
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,788
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts
Default

Quote:
I think billing should be implemented as a seperate Module with seperate DB-Tables to keep the ISPC3-core free from billing data.
yes.

Quote:
The recent DB-structure is not very good for billing. One Customer could buy multiple Hosting-Packages. This is not possible with the recent DB.
The hirarchy should be like: Customer -> Account or Contract -> Website
This works very well for me with the current DB structure.

Quote:
A DB-Table domain should be added where all buyed Domains are stored.
This would also be an important step for implementing domainrobots. To prevent Customers from using the DNS-System only as a Secondary-DNS Server, only domains from the table domain should be selectable in the DNS-System.
I think we need a more general approach where we have recurring and non recirring billing items of several types. And I wont mix up the billing system with the domain robot. And why should customers not be able to order secondary dns services? Thats a common feature.

Quote:
Now you can add an Order and a Billing-System to ISPC3. The Order and the Billing System should be seperated. The Output of the Billing System should be XML so you can Import the billing data into Lexware. Or you add an additional invoice module which generates invoices as pdf.
ok. XML export can be one option beside pdf.

Quote:
I would recommend to use the db-tables for the Order and billing-system from oscommerce v3.
I will take a look at their implementation. But most likely it will not fit for waht we need.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 6th February 2009, 21:23
redray redray is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
 
Default How should billing work in ISPC3

below are my comments ...

[QUOTE=till;168081]yes.



This works very well for me with the current DB structure.

Quote:
But how do you handle the case that one customer buyes webspace package A and after a month he buyes webspace package B on top?

I think we need a more general approach where we have recurring and non recirring billing items of several types. And I wont mix up the billing system with the domain robot. And why should customers not be able to order secondary dns services? Thats a common feature.

Quote:
I agee with you, till. I won't mix up both systems. Although i think a db-table domain is desperatly needed! It's also a security feature! At the moment i can use notgood.customer-a.org where customer-a.org belongs to someone else on the same server. With the domain-table u can assign domains to your customers - and they can only use assigned domains for dns, mail and webspace. Furthermore you can add a flag for domains not registered over the isp (Sec.-DNS only).

ok. XML export can be one option beside pdf.


I will take a look at their implementation. But most likely it will not fit for waht we need.
Quote:
Yes, maybe it's better to have a look at parallels billing than at oscommerce ...
http://www.parallels.com/de/products.../billing/demo/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
billing, order

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need someone who can write a billing module grandpagenocide General 6 3rd October 2011 12:09
Mail server using Postfix, Dovecot, Mysql... Postfix virtual maps doesn't work?? tarasbuljba HOWTO-Related Questions 33 28th May 2010 15:33
make this work please peacengell Programming/Scripts 2 4th February 2009 08:55
Cant get any messenger program to work SimplyMepis 6.0 gtoman Technical 1 13th November 2006 16:26
Ver nice work, but ftp didnt work deb1an Installation/Configuration 3 24th July 2006 12:05


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.