How To Install an InstantSSL Certificate purchased from COMODO. http://www.instantssl.com/
1. In ISPconfig select your website and then make sure SSL is checked. If it is not, check it and click Save.
2. Select your website and click the ssl tab.
3. Fill in the blanks where it says Country, Province, etc.
4. At the bottom next to "Action:", select "Create certificate" and press the Save button.
IMPORTANT: BE CAREFUL NOT
TO PRESS THE DELETE BUTTON. THIS WILL MOVE YOUR WEBSITE TO THE RECYCLE BIN!
5. Go back to the ssl tab of your website.
6. Copy the text in the box labeled "SSL Request:". COMODO will want you to paste this information into their web form. Go to their website to find out how to do this. http://www.instantssl.com/
7. Once you have been verified, they will send you a zip file containing two files:
www_yourwebsite_com.crt (this is your certificate and also listed in the email they send)
www_yourwebsite_com.ca-bundle (this is the Intermediate Certificate)
8. Go back to the ssl tab of your website.
9. Copy the contents of www_yourwebsite_com.crt and paste it into the box labeled "SSL Certificate:"
10. Click save. (Don't mess with the settings on this page anymore because if you do, you may have to generate another request and have COMODO send you another certificate.
11. FTP the file www_yourwebsite_com.ca-bundle to this directory on your server: /srv/www/web#/ssl/
(web# will be web2, web3, web4, etc. wherever your website is located)
12. Change the owner and group to root on the file you just uploaded and make it read,write by owner, read by group read by others. (I am guessing on this part so if anyone knows better please let me know.
13. Go back to ISPconfig select your website and click the basis tab.
14. At the bottom where it says: "Apache Directives (Optional):" paste the following:
you will need to edit the above to match your path and filename.
15. Click save
16. In ISPconfig click the management tab.
17. Click services
18. Next to Web Server choose restart and click save.
It should work now. Go to a https page on your website and see if it works.