Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 7th March 2006, 21:34

Send a message via MSN to danf.1979
Default My IP has changed, where to make the change?

Hi, my IP has recently changed, and I would like to know were is that I have to do the changes. Anyone has done this?
Sponsored Links
Old 7th March 2006, 23:01
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Take a look at this thread: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2760

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 8th March 2006, 00:20

Ok, i have change the server IP in config.inc.php so I can access ISPConfig withouth any trouble. I changed the server IP in

Go to Management -> Server -> Settings

And then I went to mysql and changed all the old IPs to the new one. Then I went to the accounts and re-saved. Then to the DNS Manager and re-saved. The problem is that no configuration has changed in the bind directory... so, what should I do now?

Thanks.
Old 8th March 2006, 00:52

Ok, I've modified the files by hand. I have a question though.
Do i have to go to NIC and configure all my different domains to point out to the new IP for the DNS server?? I mean, I have only two domains, but what if I had 100???
Old 8th March 2006, 08:39
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,369 Times in 4,216 Posts

Yes, you will have to change the IP address for all of your domains, or at least the IP address of the domain that points to your nameserver and then change the IP addresses in your nameserver.

If you have several hundred domains, you can do it with an SQL update in the ISPConfig database and not the interface
Old 8th March 2006, 19:02

Unhappy

Hi Till:

Yes I knew that, but I was refering to something else. For example, when I bought some X domain I had to go to www.NIC.cl. There I configured the DNS (domain and IP) for the domain I had bought. If I bought another domain and wanted to use the same DNS server, then I had to go to NIC and configure the domain and IP of the DNS server I wanted to use for that other specific domain.

So if my DNS server was ns1.example.com and I had bought www.domain.com, I had to go a configure in www.nic.cl:
DNS server:
Domain: ns1.example.com
IP: 200.104.XX.XX

for the domain www.domain.com

Then as my IP has changed, I would have to go to nic.cl and update the changed IP? So that was my concern if I had 100 domains, I would have to update 100 times?

Anyway, I did not update it in one domain I have, and it worked anyway, so I guess it is not *so* important? Maybe is more importante de domain than the IP in the nic configuration. Do you have to make this type of configurations when you bye a domain?
Thanks Till.