Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 15th December 2008, 18:31

Default OpenLDAP + Samba Domain Controller On Ubuntu 7.10

I did a no-no and accidentally posted this on the how-to webpage. Apologies to the author...

First of all, great how-to ("OpenLDAP + Samba Domain Controller On Ubuntu 7.10"). Very straightforward and well-commented/explained.

However, I keep getting the same error message. I have tried running through the procedure thrice now, to make sure I haven't missed some 'critical' step or anything, but the same error:

"Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at /usr/share/perl5/smbldap_tools.pm line 135, <CONFIGFILE> line 115"

I get this error msg at step 8 ("smbldap-useradd -a -m -M ricky -c "Richard M" ricky. I am running this after a fresh install of Ubuntu Server v.8.04.1. Any tips?

Thanks, -darryl
Sponsored Links