Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Desktop Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 10th December 2008, 04:43

Default Can't send mail from MSN to Hotmail

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Hi,

I use MSN as my Email provider. I am not able to send Email to anyone with a “Hotmail” address. I have no other known symptoms. I am able to receive Email from “Hotmail” users, and I’m able to send and receive Email normally to/from other ISP’s as far as I know. I get no error messages, and my mail to “Hotmail” recipients is not returned as “undeliverable”. In fact, the mail I send to “Hotmail” users looks completely normal from my end, and it winds-up in my “sent mail” folder with no indication of any problems. The trouble is that none of the mail that I send to “Hotmail” users is ever received by them.

I have ruled out this problem as being caused by my Vista Notebook by attempting to send mail from the same account on my XP home PC. The exact same malfunction occurs, so this does not appear to be caused by my equipment.

Please help?

Thanks
Dave
Sponsored Links
Old 10th December 2008, 09:13

Create a correct SPF record, and ask if Hotmail (MSN) will add your domain to the 'Sender Policy Framework' (a.k.a. Sender ID Framework)

For more info you can do a search on the forum for 'Hotmail'
you can also read this: http://postmaster.live.com/FAQ.aspx and this: http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safe...d/default.mspx

Please note that it's not only Hotmail that you will have a problem with. Yahoo, and many more do also have something like this.