Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 21st December 2008, 19:54

Default How to install OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 in Ubuntu 8.04

Hi Falko,

Success at last, but whilst I can open OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 by running: /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice in Terminal this is the only way I can do it. In Applications I have four OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 icons and three in Office in Applications but none of them will launch OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0. The only way I can launch it is from Terminal. Surely I should have icons that will launch it without having to go to Terminal each time as suggested by you.How do I get to the Create Launcher stage in your suggestions on Page 2 of your 'How to install OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 in Ubuntu 8.04' instructions and get the necessary operative icons as is the case with Version 2.4
I really appreciate the help you have given this old man so far and your patience, please bear with me a little longer.

Kind Regards,

Ernest.
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd December 2008, 01:30
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

You can create a launcher as shown in chapter two on http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-ins...on-ubuntu-8.04

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:10

Talking How to install OpenOffice.Org 3.0.0 in Ubuntu 8.04

Hi Falko,

Eureka! Success at last. I cannot begin to thank you enough for all the help you have given me so patiently since I first contacted you. I have learnt such a lot during this exercise and was determined not to give up hope.
As you know I have the Hardy Heron Ubuntu version on my computer in addition to Windows XP. Intrepid Ibis is now out and could you let me know if it is a fairly straight forward process to upgrade from one to the other using a CD with it on?

My humble thanks and very good wishes for a Very Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Ernest.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:42
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesthagger View Post
Intrepid Ibis is now out and could you let me know if it is a fairly straight forward process to upgrade from one to the other using a CD with it on?
You can upgrade like this: http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-upg...top-and-server

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: