Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 13th November 2008, 21:45

Default Software to include as easy to install modules

Here is a good list: http://www.simplescripts.com/script_list

I'd like to help build modules that make it easy to install these features for clients. Or even let clients choose if they want to install them. It really shouldn't be difficult do accomplish this.
Sponsored Links
Old 13th November 2008, 23:38

I think the best way to approach this is to have to different categories for software modules. Global software which will be installed for all clients, and local software which each client will be able to choose to install or not. An example of the Global software would be phpmyadmin, etc. And an example of local software would be drupal, mediawiki, etc.

Till, I realize you're busy. But if you could help figure out the best solution to the local software module setup, and also a way to setup modules for global software, I would be able to replicate these modules to many other pieces of software.

I would think global software would include:
-RoundCube, Squirrelmail, etc. With the client getting the choice which one would be used under the default /webmail/ folder.
-phpmyadmin
-

And local software would include:
-Drupal
-Joomla
-MediaWiki
-Dadamail
-etc.

I'm sure kalua and I could setup a bunch of these rather quickly if we had a template to use.
Old 14th November 2008, 09:29
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

In general it should be possible to do this with the already existing ispconfig update function, but the update function can handle at the moment only ispconfig updates and global packages. It would has to be extended to handle packages for client sites as well. For example you would need the possibility to enter a path, a domain name, a database name etc. during setup. But thats not that easy to implement as ispconfig is a multi server system, so the server were you install the software is not nescessarily the same were you uploaded it etc.