Old 17th November 2008, 23:24

Default web pages forbidden

ISPConfig-2.2.27 debian

I had a problem with 403 Forbidden

I was having trouble with getting my web sites to show anything beyond the standart "it works" and I knoticed in my Vhosts_ispconfig.conf I had the wrong ip.

I installed using a diffrent address then later changed it to a lower number 10.0.0.8 instead of the 10.0.0.212 that fixed the problem and everything was fine..

beyond that I did a reboot then I noticed my ip in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf had changed back so I changed them back (I was getting the same "it works" again" )

I went from the stock "it works" to 403 forbidden Ugh

The Vhosts_ispconfig.conf has the proper ip address

everything looks fine. My email still works fine..
I can access the https://ip:81 admin interface ok

I know I would like to know how or where the best place to change the ip address so things don't change on me like that

and apache2 -t
gives me
# apache2 -t
apache2: bad user name ${APACHE_RUN_USER}

I rebooted again just now and what do you know it now changed back to the old ipaddress.. so where do I change my IPaddress properly? so that it does not change?

It stills shows the 403 ..Vhosts_ispconfig.conf had changed
so i edited them everything is back again but I can't have this changing where do I change it so it does not change any more!

I have all my hosts and interface files with the proper ip address

Let this be a lessen to you. make sure you are happy with the ip before you start the install
My issue seems to be fixed

some othere notes
if you upload websites using ssh make sure you have a account for that domain say webadmin or somethng that has a email account with administrator checked off. and make sre the web files have that set as the user

and in my case debian www-data for the group..

Thats all folks

Last edited by frank2; 18th November 2008 at 01:38. Reason: just rebooted noticed something else
Sponsored Links
Old 18th November 2008, 01:24

Default possibly fixed

Ok well I dunno if I fixed it..

but for anyones information

since it keeps changing (and its not some weird magic) it must be in the database

you can qwery the database for your ip and you will find that its located
Tables ....

dns_a
dns_isp_dns
isp_isp_domain
isp_isp_web
isp_server
isp_server_ip

Now I changed them I can't see it changing the ip now..

If things go well maybe I will redo this post maybe someone can make it a sticky