Old 13th July 2010, 22:35

Default Replication

I would like to see replication happen without the need for a single database. This means a single management console for all the ISPConfig servers within your cloud. Each server is in its own right a stand alone server. Include scripts that can copy content to the backup/slave server/s.

The object here is that should the master server become unavailable for any reason the backup/slave servers will be available. Content may or may not be available depending on configuration.

Regards

Fred
Sponsored Links
Old 13th July 2010, 22:52

This is possible with ISPConfig3. Install control panel as master and than separate email, web, dns and database on slave servers. Slaves than joins master.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:00

Where are the docs that so me how this is done?
Old 14th July 2010, 10:34

There is no documentation available yet but there are hundreds of forum threads that are covering ISPConfig 3 multiserver installation.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:23

Thanks for that.

It is fantastic that ISPConfig3 seems to have some of the function I require, in fact it may have all the function, but I can't know if it isn't documented, nor can I implement it without documentation.

I will come back in another year and see if ISPConfig3 has matured enough.

Regards

Fred
Old 14th July 2010, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredZ View Post
Thanks for that.

It is fantastic that ISPConfig3 seems to have some of the function I require, in fact it may have all the function, but I can't know if it isn't documented, nor can I implement it without documentation.

I will come back in another year and see if ISPConfig3 has matured enough.

Regards

Fred
In a way i agree with you but try it anyway. Download and run it as virtual appliance. That is the best way of learning. Document everything on the way and at the end you have full documentation of the things that are of your interest.

We are always here to help you. Documentation is coming but when, is more harder to say.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:31

well..put it this way....this software is free. It is offered free in exchange for beta testers. People test/use it find bugs and feature requests and make the software better. In time, I will not be surprised if there are a paid version with full support and all.

If you are willing to pay, I am sure someone is willing to setup the whole thing for you.
Old 21st August 2010, 15:10
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,496 Times in 4,326 Posts

Quote:
well..put it this way....this software is free. It is offered free in exchange for beta testers. People test/use it find bugs and feature requests and make the software better. In time, I will not be surprised if there are a paid version with full support and all.
ISPConfig 3 is open source software released under the BSD license. It is not a beta of a commercial product.

ISPConfig is also fully supported, see support options, prices and contact information on the ispconfig.org support page.