I'll try to get to know VirtualBox a little bit more but now I'll try to help You to create a VM. Here are the steps:
- log in to the VMWare Infrastructure web interface as a system user specified during configuration of VMWare Server
- click on "Create Virtual Machine" (it's placed in the right upper column )
- name it
- pick a datastore (where the files of the VM will be stored)
- pick an operating system and it's version
- allocate memory to it
- decide how many processors will it use
- create a disk (click on "Create a New Virtual Disk), set the capacity and other stuff (defaults are ok)
- add a network adapter and pick a network connection
- click Use an ISO Image if You'd like to use an image (it has to be in the datastore that was chosen earlier)
Last 2 choices concern FDD and USB.
Now You can click "Finish".
Now choose Your VM from the inventory,switch to "Console" from the "Virtual Machine" panel and start it by clicking little green triangle play icon.
If You are using the console for the first time it will be necessary to install a plugin for the browser You are using.