I never actually found an article to install step by step GoDaddy SSL certs using 256bit encryption. I figured it out how to actually get an SSL cert working for a website located on my webserver running ISPConfig 2.2.33.
Please note the # symbols should represent your website number.
1. Create the SSL Cert using the ISPConfig Control Panel
2. SSH into ISPConfig Server
3. Move the 4 files created by ISPConfig Control Panel in the
/var/www/web#/ssl folder to a safe place in case you need to recover later.
4. Manually Generate the SSL Certs using OpenSSL
a. from the /var/www/web#/ssl folder type the following command:
openssl genrsa –des3 –out www.yourwebsite.com.key
b. Create Your CSR to send to godaddy
openssl req –new –key www.yourwebsite.com.key
c. Rename your key file
mv www.yourwebsite.com.key www.yourwebsite.key.org
d. Unencrypt your key file
openssl rsa –in www.yourswebsite.com.key.org
5. Send your CSR to Godaddy for signing
6. Once you get your signed CSR you can upload the certificates into
the ssl directory. You will typically get two files:
7. Open Your ISPConfig Control Panel and under the main screen and
add the apache directive:
8. Restart Apache using your ISPConfig Control Panel
9. Test your SSL cert using the https protocol on your website: