Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 15th August 2005, 19:49

Send a message via ICQ to Luciano Send a message via MSN to Luciano
Exclamation Little problems setting up the ISPConfig

Hello folks from Howtoforge!
It's my first post in here and i hope i'll find a solution quickly.

Here in Rio, i work for a web solution provider, as a network administrator. One day, our IMAP mail server has stopped by a hard disk crash [doh!] , lying unacessible, but i still have access to read the /postfix/ folder.

I tried to find any possible solutions to reinstall and migrate messages and MySQL databases/configurations to another machine, but i can't set up another machine to work correctly using mail.

Then i started fetching Google, seeking some "ready-to-go" installation scripts to quickly recover the mail service from our company, until i found Falko's homepage and started to read his Howtos.

After deciding which solution would be the best fit for my purposes, i chose The Perfect Setup using Fedora Core 4. Everything worked sucessfully pretty well. So i found the ISPConfig solution, downloaded it and installed it normally. Pretty fine and clean interface.

But, after all, i can't start up my mail server... [doh!!]

Now my little problems are:

1 - I need to create the Reseller, the clients and the site. How to set-up and configure the interface correctly, in order to start receiving and sending e-mails?

2 - Is it possible to migrate (e.g.: copy) all folders and messages from my damaged hard disk to this new one directly, after creating each mailbox for my users?

3 - I have to define another specific mailbox, using a different domain name (e.g: foobar.com instead of redlight.com). What are the steps to do it?

Guys, i need these answers as soon as possible. If you want to find me quickly, feel free to add me into your Msn: Luciano_areal@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot in advance!

Luciano Pereira Areal
Linux Network Administrator
E-mail: Lpareal@e4w.com.br
Advise #1: Before writing a new post, try searching the forum first. Probably someone had the similar problem in the past and found an answer.

Advise #2: Always remember to put the remark [SOLVED] on all your posts. It helps everyone to find a solution quickly.
Sponsored Links
Old 15th August 2005, 21:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,582 Posts

Quote:
1 - I need to create the Reseller, the clients and the site. How to set-up and configure the interface correctly, in order to start receiving and sending e-mails?
As described in the documentation (http://www.ispconfig.org/documentation.htm). Create a reseller, then a client, and then a web site with users. The only thing you have to take care of is that you enable/disable Maildir under Management -> Server -> Settings -> Email, depending on your POP3 and IMAP server.

Quote:
2 - Is it possible to migrate (e.g.: copy) all folders and messages from my damaged hard disk to this new one directly, after creating each mailbox for my users?
Should be possible if you preserve the file permissions. But if you use Maildir this will be a lot of work because each mail is in a separate file...

Quote:
3 - I have to define another specific mailbox, using a different domain name (e.g: foobar.com instead of redlight.com). What are the steps to do it?
If I understand you right, then I would simply create another web site in ISPConfig for that domain and then create users for that web site.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: