Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th April 2006, 03:26

I have the same problem of firefox continuously refreshing the ispconfig admin page. firefox 1.5.01 and just recently upgraded to 1.5.02 and still have the same problem. The login page is fine but once you get in to the admin it seems to just act a fool. It doesn't do it all the time but it acts up more often than not. Haven't figured out yet under which conditions it works and which it conditions it doesn't. Was wondering if this is an ispconfig problem or a bug in firefox.
Sponsored Links
Old 14th April 2006, 03:40

This is interesting. If I login to the ispconfig admin the screen keeps refreshing but if I go to another tab in firefox then come back to the admin page the refreshing stops until I click another link then it starts all over again.
Old 14th April 2006, 14:36
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Hm, we still haven't been able to reproduce this behaviour here...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 13th July 2006, 14:11
HowtoForge Supporter

Hey everybody,

I had the same bug and I manage to troubleshoot it

Here is my config :
Server :
- Debian Etch 64 bits (followed some part of the perfect Sarge setup)
- ISP Config 2.2.3
I guess there is no need for Apache/php version as ISPConfig is using its own

Client :
- Debian Unstable up to date
- Firefox 1.5.0.4 : Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060506 Firefox/1.5.0.4 (Debian-1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.4-2)
- Epiphany 2.14.2.1 (gecko 1.8)
- Mozilla Browser 1.7.13 : Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060620 Debian/1.7.13-0.2)

Everything is working fine in Epiphany and in Mozilla but the page keept refreshing in Firefox. So I disabled all the extensions and try to find the one that produce the issue. I found out that Forecastfox produced it if there is lots of days in the forecast.

Basically the issue is not due to Forecastfox in particular but is occurring when there is too many stuff in the status bar. During the loading the page is enlarge because there is too many items in it : you will have a scrollbar at the bottom, due to the loading progress bar taking even more space on the status bar. When FF finish loading the page it's resizing the page to its correct size and if there is too many stuff in the status bar to display all of them then it goes off screen (i.e. not all forecast are displayed : some are truncated and other are simply off screen)

The issue appears as soon as there is a resizing during the load : the vertical separator in ISP Config moves during the loading and goes back to its place afterwards. If you see this then navigate a few times in the tree-view to get some refreshes and you will see the issue sooner or later.

So I guess there is an issue in the source code if the page is resized and start looping on the refresh.

I hope it's clear enough, if not I can try to make a screencast (sorry but screenshots are a bit hard to take for this issue ) to send it to the devs.

To reproduce the issue is easy now :
- Install forecastfox extensions
- set it up to display 8 days forecast with the maximum of labels and drawings
- go in ISPConfig admin console
- go to the management tab (it can be reproduced everywhere but this one have lots of stuff in the treeview)
- clicks on the different options in the tree view several times to see the horinzontal separator move
- click until it loops on the refresh

If you want to solve the issue temporarly : remove or configure your extensions so they took less space in the status bar !!! Do you really need these 20 days forecast

Hope this help
Cheers
Anthony

Update : typos, add steps to reproduce

Last edited by letic; 13th July 2006 at 14:19.
Old 20th July 2006, 12:23
HowtoForge Supporter

No answer here,

I'm interested to know if this workaround worked for anybody else.

Did this help you reproducing the issue Falko ? Do you need more info ?

Thanks
LeTic
Old 21st July 2006, 13:14
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by letic
Did this help you reproducing the issue Falko ? Do you need more info ?
I've never had this issue, but I rarely install any extensions into Firefox. It's always better to go with the defaults.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 21st July 2006, 13:45

First of all, sorry for my bad english . I had the same problem with my Firefox browser some time ago. The answer for this was to change my "Firefox Theme". At this time, when I had this strange problem, I was using the theme "Maczilla Default" and after I changed my browser theme, the problem was gone. So my advise is to check if the problem also occurs with e.g. the theme "Firefox (default)". If this problem also occurs with this theme, it can also be an extension of the browser.