Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26th August 2008, 10:41
FractalizeR FractalizeR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wink ISPConfig bugs/suggestions noticed in 2.2.24

Hello.

I would like to suggest the following:
- When creating db_ispconfig DB the following SQL statement should be used:
Code:
CREATE DATABASE `db_ispconfig` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 */
This will force latin1 encoding ol all tables, that will be later created in this DB by db_ispconfig.sql.
This correction will make ISPConfig installation working even on systems, where latin1 is not a default MySQL charset.
Comments in SQL statement will ensure compatibility with pre-4.1 MySQL servers, which didn't support that feature (if ISPConfig can work with them. 4.0 is rather old).

- When user is requested if he wants to encrypt SSL certificate with password, there should be a big huge warning about that he will need to enter this password on next and each server startup.
Users, which bought dedicated server usually have no physical access to it and their server will not boot after ISPConfig installation and next server reboot. They will need to ask support to enter password for certificate using keyboard as I understand.

- In installer there is a request to enter MySQL server address. It is like this: "Please enter MySQL server:" in English. I prefer this string to be "Please enter MySQL server hostname/IP/socket" or something like this. This phrase got me stuck for some moments before I realized, that I need to enter host

- When creating HostingPlan there is an untranslated German string "Traffic-?berschreitung:"
- When navigating to Management -> Server -> Services there is an untranslated string "?berwachung"

P.S. I think I incorrectly named the title of the topic. These are not bugs, but rather "notices" or "suggestions".

Last edited by FractalizeR; 26th August 2008 at 10:46.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 27th August 2008, 17:37
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

I've added this to our bugtracker.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27th August 2008, 17:45
FractalizeR FractalizeR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27th August 2008, 23:06
radim_h radim_h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Prague, Czech
Posts: 420
Thanks: 33
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to radim_h
Default

This string (and there is more of them uncorrectly appearing in ISPConfig 2.2.24) is shown uncorrectly probably in all languages different from german (i tried English and Czech), but the string line in language module is in placed correctly
as:
$wb["Traffic-�berschreitung"] = "Traffic Exceedance"; in
/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/isp_manager/lib/lang/en.lng

$wb["Traffic-܁berschreitung"] = "P�ekro聅en큅 p�enosu
/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/isp_manager/lib/lang/cz.lng
dat";

i'm using
$go_info["theme"]["charset"] = "iso-8859-2";
in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php
but the problem is same also when $go_info["theme"]["charset"] = "iso-8859-1"; is set
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28th August 2008, 10:23
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,043
Thanks: 826
Thanked 5,384 Times in 4,231 Posts
Default

Looks as if the editor you used to open the language file does not support multi byte encodings.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 28th August 2008, 11:13
radim_h radim_h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Prague, Czech
Posts: 420
Thanks: 33
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to radim_h
Default

Yes, it was nano, i havent edited the files after installation, just wanted to show you that translation is on place, but doesnt working
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:10
radim_h radim_h is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Prague, Czech
Posts: 420
Thanks: 33
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to radim_h
Default solved ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radim_h View Post
This string (and there is more of them uncorrectly appearing in ISPConfig 2.2.24) is shown uncorrectly probably in all languages different from german (i tried English and Czech), but the string line in language module is in placed correctly
as:
$wb["Traffic-�berschreitung"] = "Traffic Exceedance"; in
/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/isp_manager/lib/lang/en.lng

$wb["Traffic-܁berschreitung"] = "P�ekro聅en큅 p�enosu
/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/isp_manager/lib/lang/cz.lng
dat";

i'm using
$go_info["theme"]["charset"] = "iso-8859-2";
in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php
but the problem is same also when $go_info["theme"]["charset"] = "iso-8859-1"; is set
As i found now, there was some problem with doctype table since upgrade do 2.2.4 - Traffic-?berschreitung instead of Traffic-Überschreitung (and probably in all worlds with German accent as Log-Grösse etc..)

i tried update to 2.2.25 and nothing changed.

I have solved it by installing clean ISPC on different computer and replacing my problematic doctype table with that one from clean installation (both 2.2.25 version) Hope i did not screwed anything
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18th September 2008, 15:15
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalizeR View Post
Hello.

I would like to suggest the following:
- When creating db_ispconfig DB the following SQL statement should be used:
Code:
CREATE DATABASE `db_ispconfig` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 */
This will force latin1 encoding ol all tables, that will be later created in this DB by db_ispconfig.sql.
This correction will make ISPConfig installation working even on systems, where latin1 is not a default MySQL charset.
Comments in SQL statement will ensure compatibility with pre-4.1 MySQL servers, which didn't support that feature (if ISPConfig can work with them. 4.0 is rather old).
I've just implemented this and will test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalizeR View Post
- When creating HostingPlan there is an untranslated German string "Traffic-?berschreitung:"
- When navigating to Management -> Server -> Services there is an untranslated string "?berwachung"
I guess this is related to the MySQL charset because on my test installation I see the correct translations.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cannot access ispconfig site Nu2Linux Installation/Configuration 13 3rd January 2009 15:29
ISPConfig 3.0.0.6 Beta released till General 38 21st September 2008 19:15
ISPConfig 2.2.24 | mailuser app bug? Hans General 19 4th August 2008 15:18
Migrating from Virtualmin to ISPConfig xare Installation/Configuration 3 16th July 2006 12:58
SP-Server Setup - Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger" - Page 6 (changes) LuisC-SM HOWTO-Related Questions 0 21st April 2006 15:16


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.