I would like to suggest the following:
- When creating db_ispconfig DB the following SQL statement should be used:
CREATE DATABASE `db_ispconfig` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 */
This will force latin1 encoding ol all tables, that will be later created in this DB by db_ispconfig.sql.
This correction will make ISPConfig installation working even on systems, where latin1 is not a default MySQL charset.
Comments in SQL statement will ensure compatibility with pre-4.1 MySQL servers, which didn't support that feature (if ISPConfig can work with them. 4.0 is rather old).
- When user is requested if he wants to encrypt SSL certificate with password, there should be a big huge warning about that he will need to enter this password on next and each server startup.
Users, which bought dedicated server usually have no physical access to it and their server will not boot after ISPConfig installation and next server reboot. They will need to ask support to enter password for certificate using keyboard as I understand.
- In installer there is a request to enter MySQL server address. It is like this: "Please enter MySQL server:" in English. I prefer this string to be "Please enter MySQL server hostname/IP/socket" or something like this. This phrase got me stuck for some moments before I realized, that I need to enter host
- When creating HostingPlan there is an untranslated German string "Traffic-?berschreitung:"
- When navigating to Management -> Server -> Services there is an untranslated string "?berwachung"
P.S. I think I incorrectly named the title of the topic. These are not bugs, but rather "notices" or "suggestions".