Old 30th August 2008, 14:40

Default Site says name is taken..

Hi sorry this is probably going to be a bad question but i am confused I have just installed ispconfig on rofltech.net i setup the dns and everything and now i tried to add a site and client for www.rofltech.net and it says www.rofltech.net is taken by a site or some error like that .... there are no other sites i just want to add one for the main/host site on the 1 ip then shared ip host anyone else i add..please help sorry if i left out any needed information.
Sponsored Links
Old 30th August 2008, 15:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
Hi sorry this is probably going to be a bad question but i am confused I have just installed ispconfig on rofltech.net i setup the dns and everything and now i tried to add a site and client for www.rofltech.net and it says www.rofltech.net is taken by a site or some error like that .... there are no other sites i just want to add one for the main/host site on the 1 ip then shared ip host anyone else i add..please help sorry if i left out any needed information.
I guess you already added the domain once, and than deleted it again.
Ifso, have a look at the ISPconfig's "Recycle Bin", and delete or recover the domain from it.
Please note that ISPconfig does have more than one "Recycle Bin", so make sure you empty all of them!
Old 30th August 2008, 17:24

Ok i emptied recycle bin i added the site and to test it i went to the web-ftp thing it had and it says unable to connect as web5_admin (and yes i typed in the same password as i did when making the site) also www.rofltech.net goes to apaches default apache2-default/index.htm instead of wherever ispconfig is supposed to put it
Old 31st August 2008, 12:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

What's in your Vhosts_ispconfig.conf?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 31st August 2008, 17:17

Hello.

The same thing occurrs to me. And i believe that is because I named to server (hostname ubuntuserver.grafycomp.com) then when i try more subdomains (co-domain) i have errors, but if you add an new site then you can add subdomains. This trick said me it falko.

Thanks a lot.