Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 27th August 2008, 23:19

Default Russian (and possibly others) language is still broken since 2006

Hello.

When selecting Russian language in Tools -> General -> Change language you will get a view like on the attached screenshot. You need to manually change values as it was described in 2006 oat this post: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...hlight=russian

I think default encoding at config.php file should be set to utf8 to satisfy all languages included in distribution. It is not normal, that one needs to change system files to get something in the UI working.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Old 28th August 2008, 10:22
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,369 Times in 4,216 Posts

Quote:
I think default encoding at config.php file should be set to utf8 to satisfy all languages included in distribution. It is not normal, that one needs to change system files to get something in the UI working.
You dont have to change system files, just set the correct encoding in config.inc.php with is the central config file for the interface.

We can try to switch it to utf-8 globally, but there were problems in other languages then if I rememeber correctly.

Last edited by till; 28th August 2008 at 10:28.
Old 28th August 2008, 10:48

I guess we can overcome these problems by converting all language .php files to utf8 (using Notepad++ for example). But of course this needs testing.

Anyway, I think switching to utf8 is a good idea. Or, as an alternative, I can suggest to move page encoding variable from config.php to language configuration file.