Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25th August 2008, 10:50
FractalizeR FractalizeR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Exclamation ISPConfig 2.2.24 errors: The requested document type does not exist.

Hello.

I have error pages:
Code:
The following error occurred:  	
The requested document type does not exist.
when accessing some (not all) ISPConfig menu items:
  • New reseller (Management)
  • New client (Management)
  • Hosting plan
  • New Master
  • New Slave (DNS)
  • New item (Invoice)

Strange, that for example, New site and new folder (on Management) opens successfully.
Apache errorlog is empty (/root/ispconfig/httpd/logs/error_log):
Code:
[Mon Aug 25 20:58:13 2008] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal operations
[Mon Aug 25 20:58:13 2008] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
[Mon Aug 25 21:00:15 2008] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server www.example.com:81, client 192.168.220.1) (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Mon Aug 25 21:00:15 2008] [error] OpenSSL: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca
[
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 25th August 2008, 11:04
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,486
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,256 Times in 4,121 Posts
Default

This error occurs e.g. when you updated ISPConfig and the update failed or you updated or changed mysql. Please make sure that mysql uses a latin1 encoding for the database and tables of the ispconfig database.

Update:

Ok, I just saw your other post and this explains the problem.

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26279

ISPConfig does not spport UTF8 as table type.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25th August 2008, 12:20
FractalizeR FractalizeR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I will try tonight. I don't think this happened on updating ISPConfig. MySQL always create tables with it's default charset, if you don't specify the one you need manually. So that happened All ISPConfig tables seem to have utf8 charset instead of latin1.

But I think this should be resolved on ISPConfig installation. It can be resolved easily by adding CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci to each CREATE TABLE SQL statement in db_ispconfig.sql to override MySQL defaults. Otherwise, every customer who has a MySQL default charset different from latin1 will have these problems.

Last edited by FractalizeR; 25th August 2008 at 12:27.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26th August 2008, 00:10
FractalizeR FractalizeR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I have tried both converting current tables to latin1 and recreating database from db_ispconfig.sql dump having explicitly selected there latin1 charset. I still have The requested document type does not exist.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26th August 2008, 08:56
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,486
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,256 Times in 4,121 Posts
Default

Converting wont work as the data is already messed up. Please set your complete mysql database to latin1 and then run the ispconfig update again. Aditionally, the database can not be recreated from the dump manually, the dump has to be inserted by the ISPConfig installer.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26th August 2008, 10:26
FractalizeR FractalizeR is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
 
Default

Ok. Thank you very much for your patience. Problem has been now solved

The reason was simple: mysql default charset different from latin1. That's why installation completed successfully, but was corrupted.

To solve, I added
Code:
default-character-set=latin1
line to /etc/my.cnf and restarted MySQL. After I installed ISPConfig again.

Please prepend [Solved] to the title of this post.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing Document Root in ISPconfig does not work 100% trymbill Installation/Configuration 4 19th December 2007 17:55
ISPconfig 2.2.18 antispam rename document Musashi General 1 20th November 2007 06:49
ISPConfig 2.3.2-dev released till General 9 4th June 2007 10:46
Cannot create client, reseller and hosting plan crapufish Installation/Configuration 22 15th March 2007 10:27
ERROR: The requested document type does not exist. SupuS Installation/Configuration 20 19th June 2006 15:30


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.