#1  
Old 15th August 2005, 04:08
radioguy radioguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Alias e-mail addresses

I have setup a DNS server outside the firewall that all websites point to from registrar. I then have all MX records pointing to one IP behind my firwall for six sites. This is an ISPConfig address. My question is: Can ISP Config be set up to deliver all mail, for multiple sites incoming on one IP, to each respected mail box? ie mail delivered to either joe@example1.com or joe@example 2.com, would deliver to the same mail box, web1_joe. I'm trying come up with a way to prevend users of multiple domains from needing to manage multiple accounts with an e-mail client. I did this in the past with virtual user table. I looked like this.

joe@example1.com web1_joe
joe@example 2.com web1_joe

Will I break ISPConfig if I do this above the line that says:

#### MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ####

What is the best way to handle this if it is possible. Many thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 15th August 2005, 05:04
radioguy radioguy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I got it figured out

It was easy using local-host-names and virtusertable. I just had to think it through.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15th August 2005, 09:10
till till is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,814
Thanks: 821
Thanked 5,339 Times in 4,188 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy
It was easy using local-host-names and virtusertable. I just had to think it through.
Why use local-host-names and virtusertable when you can do it inside ISPConfig?

Keyword: Email alias.

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/m..._src.htm#4_2_2

Last edited by till; 15th August 2005 at 11:05.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15th August 2005, 11:02
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy
Will I break ISPConfig if I do this above the line that says:

#### MAKE MANUAL ENTRIES BELOW THIS LINE! ####
You will not break ISPConfig, but ISPConfig will overwrite your changes if you make them above the mentioned line...
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 8th December 2006, 18:51
bingnet bingnet is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Manually import /etc/aliases to virtusertable

I have a large /etc/aliases file that I would like to use with ISPconfig. What's the best way to do this?
I commented in /etc/postfix/main.cf to force postfix to use /etc/aliases:
# virtual_alias_domains = example.com
# virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtusertable

Aliases work fine, but I'm unsure of what impact this has on ISPconfig. Just breaks aliases fields in ISPconfig?

Did this also break PHP in virtual domains? I'm getting this when I goto http://virtualdomain.com/~virtualuser and call example.php from a form action.

Internal Server Error
File "/var/www/web5/user/virtualuser/web/example.php" is not in document root of Vhost "/var/www/web5/web"
suPHP 0.6.1


Thank you!
Ken in Portland

Last edited by bingnet; 8th December 2006 at 19:00.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 9th December 2006, 14:50
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingnet
I have a large /etc/aliases file that I would like to use with ISPconfig. What's the best way to do this?
I commented in /etc/postfix/main.cf to force postfix to use /etc/aliases:
# virtual_alias_domains = example.com
# virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtusertable

Aliases work fine, but I'm unsure of what impact this has on ISPconfig. Just breaks aliases fields in ISPconfig?
ISPConfig doesn't use /etc/aliases at all.
Please run
Code:
postconf -e 'alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases'
postconf -e 'alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases'
postconf -e 'mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names'
postconf -e 'virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtusertable'
/etc/init.d/postfix restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingnet
Did this also break PHP in virtual domains? I'm getting this when I goto http://virtualdomain.com/~virtualuser and call example.php from a form action.

Internal Server Error
File "/var/www/web5/user/virtualuser/web/example.php" is not in document root of Vhost "/var/www/web5/web"
suPHP 0.6.1


Thank you!
Ken in Portland
PHP and Perl don't work in a user's web site, only in the main web site.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11th December 2006, 23:29
bingnet bingnet is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
ISPConfig doesn't use /etc/aliases at all.
OK, and I do understand that I can add aliases manually to virtusertable. What is the syntax there for mailing lists that represent real users but are not users themselves? Would I have to access each user profile which should be a member of a list and enter the name of the list as an alias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
PHP and Perl don't work in a user's web site, only in the main web site.
That explains it.

Really, thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hiding email addresses myles Programming/Scripts 5 1st December 2008 12:09
The Perfect Setup - Debian Woody (3.0)... sending mail from my XP box? ExCIA HOWTO-Related Questions 17 27th June 2007 18:31
mail adress as user name. jernis Feature Requests 6 1st August 2005 21:39
mail() function not available in PHP??? dirk Programming/Scripts 4 26th May 2005 14:18
Location of IP addresses roadrunner Programming/Scripts 2 2nd May 2005 22:19


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.