Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 25th September 2008, 23:56

Default Problems after upgrade 2.2.18 to 2.2.25

Hi All,

After upgrading ISPconfig-2.2.18 to ISPconfig-2.2.25, when I erase an e-mail account and then choose Empty Trash, it takes too long. Log in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/ispconfig.log shows for all registered users and it takes too long:

25.09.2008 - 17:53:59 => INFO - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php, Line 909: setquota -u hdv1.victorm 204800 205824 0 0 -a &> /dev/null
25.09.2008 - 17:53:59 => INFO - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php, Line 910: setquota -T -u hdv1.victorm 604800 604800 -a &> /dev/null
25.09.2008 - 17:53:59 => INFO - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_procmail.lib.php, Line 60: cp -f /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/forward.master /var/www/web1/user/hdv1.victorm/.forward

Previously, in version 2.2.18 it took no more than 1 minute for the 800 users (mailboxes) that have registered, now takes about 10 to 15 minutes.

Anything I can do?

best regards,

If anything can go wrong, will, and will give wrong in the worst way, in the worst moment and in order to cause the most damage possible. (Murphy's Law)
Sponsored Links
Old 26th September 2008, 00:21

in time ...

I also reinstall the version 2.2.25 (as mentioned in http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27021) and still not solved the problem

If anything can go wrong, will, and will give wrong in the worst way, in the worst moment and in order to cause the most damage possible. (Murphy's Law)
Old 26th September 2008, 08:42
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,173 Times in 4,055 Posts

If all users are in one website, ISPConfig will update them all. That is the way ISPConfig worked already before 2.2.18. If it tooks longer now on your system, this is most likel yrelated to a higher load on your server.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:56

Thanks Till,

I will review all the configurations of the server and attempt to discover the cause of this slow.

I'm using Ubuntu as how to http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu8.04-lts. It would have some recommendation on the settings than those reported in how to?

Old 26th September 2008, 16:10

Till,

I changed the value of /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php
$go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'addtype'.

It makes a difference in performance?

Old 27th September 2008, 00:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
If all users are in one website, ISPConfig will update them all. That is the way ISPConfig worked already before 2.2.18. If it tooks longer now on your system, this is most likel yrelated to a higher load on your server.
I had never seen this feature before, but for example, if I delete 5 mailboxes, the system will run 5 times the upgrade? Once for each mailbox?

Old 27th September 2008, 01:21

I optimize all services of the server but still I think the processing of /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php and /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_procmail.lib.php when change a password of mailbox or when delete a mailbox too slow. Now it takes between 3 and 4 minutes for 857 mailboxes in the domain.

I could set the ISPConfig to handle only the account / mailbox that I am changing / deleting?

Last edited by soho; 27th September 2008 at 01:23.
Old 28th September 2008, 02:08

Someone with this problem? I need a help, please.

Old 28th September 2008, 14:53
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,173 Times in 4,055 Posts

Quote:
I could set the ISPConfig to handle only the account / mailbox that I am changing / deleting?
If you write new scripts for the user ,management for ISPConfig, then yes. Otherwise no.

Or you use ISPConfig 3 which process accounts one by one.
Old 28th September 2008, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
If you write new scripts for the user ,management for ISPConfig, then yes. Otherwise no.

Or you use ISPConfig 3 which process accounts one by one.

I do not write PHP...

I believe that the choice now is to change ISPConfig 3. I will install and perform some tests. If working, I change my environment.

Thanks Till.