Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 15th February 2006, 05:21

Exclamation Help installing Ubuntu on a HP Compaq nx6110

I have a 1.4 ghz processor with 504mb RAM.
I can install it alright, but configuring my network is hell. I used ipconfig /all to get the pertinant install info, but when I try to connect to the internet, I get a "System Idle or a Low Connectivity Icon".

I have a Broadcom 440x 10/100 Intergrated Controller and a Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN. I want to install gtkwifi-1.09, but that aint working (please dont tell me to use su and sudo... i know that) my friend has the same Ubuntu disk and it works fine for him. I read that im supposed to install ndiswrapper for windows, so that my driver could be supported. But as you may guess I dont know how, and the wiki is vague and is meant for a more knowledgeable person in UNIX/Linux commands. Also I cannot edit system files, but to get a editor, i need to be connected to the internet. I have speant 15-25hrs on this, PLEASE help....it would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 15th February 2006, 09:15
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Have you installed the ndiswrapper package from Ubuntu?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: