Old 21st July 2008, 15:11

Default Possible Bug with Web Creation

One of my customers may just have stumbled over a bug. He's migrating from an old Confixx system to ISPConfig and currently setting up all his clients and webs in ISPConfig. He used to add a customer and then create a new web via "Web neu". This single time he added the customer, did *not* save and then clicked "Web Verwaltung" in the same tab group (so, he didn't "go out" and back in) and created the web. When he comes to the step of adding users he finds that the user starts with web12, although the last web he created was web10.
I checked his ispconfig.log and, indeed, a web11 is mentioned nowhere. It jumps right from web10 to web12. It's absolutely sure that web11 was *not* deleted, it didn't ever exist!
It looks like ISPConfig accidentally "jumped" over one webid when he went on with "Web Verwaltung" on the same tab group after he created that new customer.
I wasn't eager to try to reproduce it, so I didn't ;-) But that's the best from the customer as a possible explanation of what happened. That missing web11 has indeed never been created!
This is with version 2.2.24.

Last edited by bolero; 21st July 2008 at 15:25. Reason: feedback from customer about exact steps
Sponsored Links
Old 21st July 2008, 15:28
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,501 Times in 4,330 Posts

The web numbers are set by mysql auto increment values automatically and are not under control of ISPConfig. You dont have to click on save when you create a client and then a website, so the way he created the site is fine.
Old 21st July 2008, 15:59

I know that it should be fine and I also know that the numbers are done by increment (I asked you about that one or two weeks ago :-). The point is that after web10 web12 got created. As I said there is no trace of a "web11" in ispconfig.log. If it would have ever existed it should have been logged there, shouldn't it? So, how did it come that it jumped from 10 to 12?
Old 21st July 2008, 19:27
Super Moderator

As I posted above, the incremet is done by mysql and not ispconfig. So if mysql used number 12 instead of 11, there is of course nothing in the ispconfig.log about number 11.
Old 21st July 2008, 19:33

So, you think this was some kind of "hickup" in mysql? I haven't ever seen this before (mysql auto-incrementing to wrong value.)
Old 21st July 2008, 19:41
Super Moderator

I've never seen this before too, and I'am working with many ISPConfig installations daily. ISPConfig has no direct influence on this number.
Old 21st July 2008, 20:05

I tried to repro it on my demo server with the steps the client had given, but I can't. Weird. Is there a chance that if a web gets created and deleted right-away that it makes it only to the recycle bin, but not to the disk (and not to ispconfig.log)? Or is this impossible?
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:09
Super Moderator

If a web is created an deleted right away, there will be an entry in the ispconfig.log. The web would be in the database in this case until the recycle bin is emptied and the recycle bin can not be emptied before the entry is processed by the backend script. So there would be a entry in ispconfig.log in this case as the backend script always loggs these actions.