Anothre reason might be the default charset in your apache2.conf ot httpd.conf file, try to set it to utf8.
I think this might be what I am looking for, but I don't exactly know what it does? Does this change EVERYTHING my server hosts to Russian? Or does it just change the way the characters are displayed? I only have 1 Russian client and the rest are all English. I don't want to ruin the 25 other sites I have by doing this.
HERE IS SOME MORE DIAGNOSTICS STEPS I TOOK:
So his website is currently up/running on another host and he is moving to my server...
He copied his pages over from his old server to my server...
When I look at his live page on the old server, my browser shows the russian characters. When I look at his page on my server, it shows the ����� ������: funny characters...
I then tried to "view page source" on his live/current site - I copied the entire source of the index.html page, and pasted it to a new .html file - then uploaded that file to my webserver, same thing; I get the funny characters.