Old 23rd July 2008, 06:53

Send a message via MSN to linuxbastard Send a message via Yahoo to linuxbastard Send a message via Skype™ to linuxbastard
Question infobot with ISPconfig

Hi,

I've got a fedora 9 server with ISPconfig after I followed the perfect server by falko, and it's great so far, though i've run into a few snags here and there. Nothing really serious though and most of them, I was able to fix by reading up and following the excellent howtos and posts here.

now I've got something else to chew on and I hope someone can help me out again.

I need an autoresponder for a few users of my virtual domains. I've found a post here http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...=autoresponder
and read the links here
http://www.knowplace.org/pages/howto...mail_howto.php
http://www.remofritzsche.ch/goldfish/
but am a little hesitant to even try them out since I know and am currently using the vacation module for ISPconfig and I don't know what or how using those would affect my installation. Plus I've got issues with the autoresponder with ISPconfig right now and I don't want to compound that.

I'd appreciate any help. Here's a little info about my system.

32-bit x86 Fedora 9 server
ISPconfig 2.2.24 (just upgraded)
7 virtual domains
dynDNS
behind a router that has a DMZ zone to the server

I want to be able to setup 3 virtual domains each with a user or 2 that can be a catch-call (or not) and will respond with a template (txt or html).

Right now, I've got the vacation module but it's only able to respond if the source of the e-mail is from one of the virtual domains because if it's coming from, say Gmail, my smtp blocks the autoresponse for not having a FQDN. (one more thing I'm trying to fix)

If you're confused, join the club (weehehe) but I'll be happy to give any additional info you might need to help me with this.

thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:11
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,209 Times in 4,085 Posts

ISPConfig has a builtin autoresponder function that works well. Why dont you use it, all the functions you describe are all implemeted in ISPConfig, there is no extra software or configuration needed, just enable the autoresponder cehckbox and enter the text.
Old 24th July 2008, 02:45

Send a message via MSN to linuxbastard Send a message via Yahoo to linuxbastard Send a message via Skype™ to linuxbastard
Smile built in autoresponder in ISPconfig

Hi till,

thanks for the reply. I've actually tried the autoresponder in ISPconfig but isn't it limited in the fact that it only replies once to an email address and only sends out one fixed reply no matter what the email subject is? I've read that it uses the .vacation.cache to check if the email address is unique and .vacation.msg for the message itself. Anyway we can modify that or do I really need another module for what I'm thinking of doing?
Old 24th July 2008, 17:08
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxbastard View Post
it only replies once to an email address and only sends out one fixed reply no matter what the email subject is
That's true.

Quote:
I've read that it uses the .vacation.cache to check if the email address is unique and .vacation.msg for the message itself.
True as well.

Quote:
Anyway we can modify that or do I really need another module for what I'm thinking of doing?
You could modify the procmail recipe. The template for it is in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 25th July 2008, 03:42

Default modifying procmail recipe

Quote:
You could modify the procmail recipe. The template for it is in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf.
can you point me to the right direction on how to do that? I'm stupid with code but with enough comments in it and a bit of googling I can usually get by.

I'm reading on it now but a push in the right direction could really help.
Old 25th July 2008, 13:13
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,562 Posts

Procmail recipes are really hard to understand.
Code:
man procmailex
and http://www.howtoforge.com/procmail_tips_recipes might give you a start.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
The Following User Says Thank You to falko For This Useful Post:
linuxbastard (25th July 2008)
Old 25th July 2008, 23:44

Default reading up for infobot

hi falko,

thanks a lot for that, was already reading it. I'm in way over my head but I really want this to work. LOL

I'm also googling other people's procmail recipe hoping for one that was clearly commented.