Old 3rd July 2008, 16:08

Default mail and dns error

Hi, I'm testing ISPconfig before moving our server and I'd several troubles, I'd followed the perfect server guide and we have 2 domains, only one of them had the DNS from our ISP pointing to our IP, the another should wait till everything works ok.
We're using Ubunt 8.0.4.
1- configured the .eu domain it work from one ourdomain.eu to another ourdomain.eu account but couldn't receive any email form outside, mail returned to senders with a relay error "Relay access denied Mon
2008-06-30 17:12:02: --> QUIT
"

2-Deleted the domain an recreate it again, now i messed with the USER PREFIX (I'd read the boards and restore it to original) but no mail is acceptedm now with DNS error: "Jul 3 15:46:40 wesser postfix/smtp[8459]: 7E07F12FA40F: to=<web6_account@hostname.ourdomain.es>, orig_to=<account@ourdomain.eu>, relay=none, delay=0.03, delays=0.03/0/0/0, dsn=5.4.4, status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=hostname.ourdomain.es type=AAAA: Host not found)
Jul 3 15:46:40 hostname postfix/qmgr[8431]: 7E07F12FA40F: removed"

It's strange but no domain.es were created or defined anywhere. So no mail, what can I do/check right now?

Last edited by wontolla; 3rd July 2008 at 16:12.
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd July 2008, 22:35
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,419 Times in 4,261 Posts

Please make sure that the domain which is set as myhostname and mydomain in the postfix main.cf file really exists and that the domain that the command "hostname" returns really points to the IP of your server.
Old 4th July 2008, 09:37

just checked and found myhostname with several aliasses one of them mydomain.es and servername = servername.mydomain.es, both entries, there's nomyhosntame entry, changed hostname only shows the name server no IP, and I still the same error Name service error for name=servername.mydomain.es type=AAAA: Host not found) but I've never set that domain in ISPConfig, I'd set mydomain.eu I won't create the .es till .eu is working.

btw I'd read the How To Run Your Own Name Servers With ISPConfig And GoDaddy and checked the DNS data so I'd matched with the how to (only one server) and nothing, still the same mydomain.es error.

Last edited by wontolla; 4th July 2008 at 10:38.
Old 4th July 2008, 16:21
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontolla View Post
Hi, I'm testing ISPconfig before moving our server and I'd several troubles, I'd followed the perfect server guide and we have 2 domains, only one of them had the DNS from our ISP pointing to our IP, the another should wait till everything works ok.
We're using Ubunt 8.0.4.
1- configured the .eu domain it work from one ourdomain.eu to another ourdomain.eu account but couldn't receive any email form outside, mail returned to senders with a relay error "Relay access denied Mon
2008-06-30 17:12:02: --> QUIT
"
Is ourdomain.eu listed in /etc/postfix/local-host-names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontolla View Post
2-Deleted the domain an recreate it again, now i messed with the USER PREFIX (I'd read the boards and restore it to original) but no mail is acceptedm now with DNS error: "Jul 3 15:46:40 wesser postfix/smtp[8459]: 7E07F12FA40F: to=<web6_account@hostname.ourdomain.es>, orig_to=<account@ourdomain.eu>, relay=none, delay=0.03, delays=0.03/0/0/0, dsn=5.4.4, status=bounced (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=hostname.ourdomain.es type=AAAA: Host not found)
Jul 3 15:46:40 hostname postfix/qmgr[8431]: 7E07F12FA40F: removed"

It's strange but no domain.es were created or defined anywhere. So no mail, what can I do/check right now?
If hostname.ourdomain.es doesn't exist in DNS, you can add it to /etc/hosts for now.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 7th July 2008, 11:00

Hi:

Is ourdomain.eu listed in /etc/postfix/local-host-names?

Yupp, with and without www.

If hostname.ourdomain.es doesn't exist in DNS, you can add it to /etc/hosts for now.

Added, / changed and still the same.

127.0.0.1 localhost
local IP servername.mydomain.es alias

it doesn't work on external and internal mail with the same error, any more help?.
Old 8th July 2008, 10:02

any help? plz I don't wish to format and restart the full conf process, btw there's any guide how to fully config the mail server? It could be very handy.
Old 8th July 2008, 11:59

Reaally it was a dns error, I'd created mydomain.es in ISPconfig and now the domain.eu works, I hope when DNS are pointing here from my ISP for the .es domains works.

Thank you very much.