Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 19th June 2008, 19:07
critter critter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default username like mail address??

hello,

i have been using usernames like mail@nasr.at on my old server. Now with ISPconfig i am unable to register mailbox with login including '@'.

I need this when i want to save my old usernames, migrate emails and then only switch to the new server...

Any ideas? Thanks...

Last edited by critter; 20th June 2008 at 17:32.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 27th June 2008, 16:15
critter critter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Up

Nobody has/had the same problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter View Post
hello,

i have been using usernames like mail@nasr.at on my old server. Now with ISPconfig i am unable to register mailbox with login including '@'.

I need this when i want to save my old usernames, migrate emails and then only switch to the new server...

Any ideas? Thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27th June 2008, 16:44
Snowman Snowman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 116
Thanks: 38
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

cant be done in ispconfig2 because ispconfig 2 saveing usernames to /etc/passwd file. Because of some misterious linux bug, file /etc/passwd is not able to hold @ in usernames.

in forum Tips/Tricks/Mods are some solutions how to avoid this but its custom and you should have to rewrite some code and make some scripts working.

I suggest you to wait for ispconfig 3 (hope will be released soon), its completly new, and support @ in mail user name (MySQL based).

Last edited by Snowman; 27th June 2008 at 16:48.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27th June 2008, 19:46
critter critter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ok

Thank you!

So i also hope to ispconfig3 be released ASAP...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
cant be done in ispconfig2 because ispconfig 2 saveing usernames to /etc/passwd file. Because of some misterious linux bug, file /etc/passwd is not able to hold @ in usernames.

in forum Tips/Tricks/Mods are some solutions how to avoid this but its custom and you should have to rewrite some code and make some scripts working.

I suggest you to wait for ispconfig 3 (hope will be released soon), its completly new, and support @ in mail user name (MySQL based).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27th June 2008, 19:47
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,340
Thanks: 810
Thanked 5,173 Times in 4,055 Posts
Default

Workarounf for ISPConfig without the need to add scripts or edit ispconfig code:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12308
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27th June 2008, 21:02
critter critter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Works great!! Many thanks! )


Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Workarounf for ISPConfig without the need to add scripts or edit ispconfig code:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12308
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 28th June 2008, 08:59
Snowman Snowman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 116
Thanks: 38
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by critter View Post
Works great!! Many thanks! )
using dovecot
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30th June 2008, 13:26
critter critter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default dovecot

dovecot rulez )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
using dovecot
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mail server using Postfix, Dovecot, Mysql... Postfix virtual maps doesn't work?? tarasbuljba HOWTO-Related Questions 33 28th May 2010 14:33
procmail can't write Hellbound General 27 8th June 2009 21:51
Postfix reject connections gabrix Server Operation 27 25th January 2007 08:37
Core 4: Error Messages on Fresh Install re CTX/SSL jjw Installation/Configuration 30 6th September 2006 12:16
Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAs ebbay Installation/Configuration 9 4th March 2006 11:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.